Cognizant Technology Solutions, founded on January 26, 1994 by Kumar Mahadeva & Francisco D’Souza, is an American multinational IT services provider. It also provides consulting and business process outsourcing (BPO) services.
In the course of dot com boom, it flourished by receiving the application maintenance work that the big corporations were reluctant to carry out.
Gradually, it moved into application development, complex systems integration and consulting work.
Cognizant grew rapidly during the 2000s and became a Fortune 500 company in 2011. It is a member of the NASDAQ-100, the S&P 500, the Forbes Global 2000 and the Fortune 500 and is positioned among the top performing and fastest growing companies in the world.
Teaneck, New Jersey, United States
Chief Executive Officer (CEO) — Brian Humpries
Number of Employees
292,500 (as of 2019 fiscal year)
Official Websites: www.cognizant.com
• Cognizant recognised as a Top Provider in the Outsourcing and Consulting categories
besides being named as a Customer Satisfaction Leader by CGT.
• Ovum Decision Matrix recognised Cognizant as “Market Leader” in Outsourcing
Testing Service Providers.
• Consumer Goods Technology (CGT) awarded Readers’ Choice Award for the ninth
• Forrester Research, Inc. named Cognizant a Leader in Business Intelligence Services.
• Cognizant placed as a Leader by the IDC MarketSpace report.
• Cognizant placed in IDC MarketScape as a Leader in IT and BPO Services.
MOST FREQUENTLY ASKED –Coding Questions
1. Reverse a String.
2. Reverse a Number.
4. Prime Number.
5. Leap Year.
6. Greatest among 10 numbers.
7. Fibonacci Series.
8. HCF / GCD.
10. Decimal to Binary & vice versa
11. Armstrong Number.
13. Swap 2 number
14. Concatenate 2 strings.
15. LCM of Two Number using CLP.
16. Average of Two Numbers.
17. Sum of Digits of a number.
18. Binary to Decimal.
19. Decimal to Binary.
20. Factorial of a Number.
21. Square Root of Prime Number.
22. Square Root without square root.
23. Armstrong Number.
24. Odd-Even Number.
25. Binary to Octal.
26. Decimal to Octal.
27. Check Leap Year.
28. Area of Circle.
29. Checking Palindrome (Number).
30. Area of Triangle.
31. Checking Palindrome (String).
32. Reverse Digits of a Number.
33. Checking Prime or Not.
34. Bubble Sort/Insertion Sort/merge Sort.
35. pattern printing
Branch Specific – Technical Interview
In cognizant, the entry level job profile (Program Analyst Trainee – GenC) which offers 4.1LPA. If you are from CS/IT branches, you should be perfect in coding and also your subjects of interest. Having a certificate in any of the specialization like Web dev/Full stack is an added advantage for your selection BUT you should able to answer what they ask related.
Project plays a vital role, in your selection process, so prepare the entire project including coding and your role and responsibility in the project.
NON CS/IT Branches
You need to prepare basic coding questions perfectly and also your semester subjects.
Sometimes, they will ask your particular semester subjects and ask you randomly.
Note 1: They don’t know, ECE/Mech/Other branches Courses – They just ask you, what you
have learned from that course. So, be prepared of every subject basics, you have passed in all
Note 2: Be prepared of Coding Questions with logic and be confident while explaining the
logic with suitable example. Never Argue with them.
Note 3: Also, prepare different methods/logics for solving a coding question. They might ask
you for any other logic which are not available on internet. Just think and answer every time.
Note 4: Project plays a vital role, in your selection process, so prepare the entire project
including coding and your role and responsibility in the project.
Tips for the Interview
1. Make Sure you have done some project and you have idea of what you done in your project and what was your role.
2. Don’t mention in your resume: Microsoft word, Microsoft excel, windows etc.
3. The more Questions will be asked from your project and the language known.
4. If you attended some session of Machine learning/Artificial Intelligence/Data Science. Don’t mention that you have a knowledge of this things.
5. Mechanical/Electrical/Electronics Students has to prepare basics of C programming/Data Structure and just the basics Concept of OOPS.
6. Mechanical/Electrical/Electronics please cover your basic subject/Core Subjects.
7. Whatever language you mention in Resume, you need to know About it.
8. Learn Basics of python.
9. Knowledge of latest technology like IOT, ML, Blockchain is must
1. Tell me about yourself
Don’t make the mistake of sharing too much personal information in any of your HR interview questions and answers round. You will not be left with enough time to sell your experience and relevant technical skills
2. Why Should I hire you ?
As a fresher, I am having less practical knowledge but have the ability to grab things
quickly and I believe in improving myself day to day is key of my success and growth of
the company. I will be working with full efficiency and getting work done at the assigned
3. What are your strengths and weaknesses?
My strength is I am a very bold, self-motivated person, quick learner, honest towards my job with a positive attitude. My weakness is I can’t say no when people ask me for help, believing everyone
4. Can you perform under pressure?
Most of the times, the job of software development is that of working under pressure. Sometimes, it will be the pressure of delivering on time while it can be that of a bug that has sprung all of a sudden in your code. So, expect pressure in everything you do. It is important to maintain your performance and develop strategies to deliver under
pressure. You can then go ahead an talk about your way of dealing with pressure and
performing under it.
Relate with a problem which looks real: My mother was not well and my father was out of station during my exam. I had the pressure of Exam and I had to take care of my mother also, but still I performed well and I managed to get x% in 10th/12th/Graduation.
5. Why do you want to work at our company?
It would be a great honor to work with one of the most reputed organization. I’m sure that I’ll learn many more things and will surely work with the team members and do my
6. Are you willing to relocate or travel?
Yeah, it will be cherry on cake because travelling is my hobby. So a new place new friend a new environment and new working location. It’s amazing because change is necessary,
and I believe in change.
Note: Never Ever say no for any questions, they are not going to send
you immediately. They are checking your patience level.
7. Where do you see yourself five years from now?
After 5 years, I would be in more professional and better than what I am
I also would like to lead the team and make an ideal for my team members.
And also be make myself confidence and trustable employee as a company expect from
Note : don’t say that I will become MD and CEO of the company and will replace you.
8. How long would you expect to work for us if hired?
I will work with your company till the day, I feel that I am not giving the best result which
is required by your company, after trying my level best.
9. How do you feel about working nights and weekends?
Company growth is obviously employees growth, Whenever a company needs me, I will be there either in nights or weekends.
Note : Don’t say no , they just wanted to check your patience level
10.Do you have any questions for me?
Thanks sir for giving me this opportunity to ask you a question.
I want to know more about this job profile, and if anything I can learn/improve which can benefit the company
11. What is the difference between hard work and smart work?
HARD WORK : GIVES EXPERIENCE.
SMART WORK : COMES FROM EXPERIENCE.
Check Out More