Wipro Model Placement Paper
This paper consist of some aptitude and technical questions.
1. 12 members were present at a board meeting. Each member shook
hands with all of the other members before & after the meeting.How
many hand shakes were there?
Answer : 132
2. An emergency vehicle travels 10 miles at a speed of 50 miles per
hour.How fast must the vehicle travel on the return trip if the round-trip
travel time is to be 20 minutes?
a) 75 miles per hour
b) 70 miles per hour
c) 65 miles per hour
d) 80 miles per hour
Answer : 75 miles per hour
3. Mary and John can do a piece of work in 24 days; John and Vino in 30
days; Vino and Mary in 40 days. If Mary, John and Vino work
together they will complete the work in :
a) 10 days
b) 20 days
c) 17 days
d) 15 days
Answer : 20 days.
4. My friend collects antique stamps. She purchased two, but found that
she needed to raise money urgently. So she sold them for Rs.
8000 each. On one she made 20% and on the other she lost 20%. How
much did she gain or lose in the entire transaction?
a) She lost Rs 500.67
b) She lost Rs 666.67
c) She gain Rs 666.67
d) She gain Rs 500.67
Answer : She lost Rs 666.67
5. Find the sum of the first 50 common terms of 12,16,20,… and
Answer : 15900
6. The time showed by an analog clock at a moment is 11 am then
1234567890 hours later it will show the time as:
Answer : 5am
7. Square of two more than a two digit number is multiplied and divided
by 2 and 5 respectively. If twice of the result is equal to 500 then find
Answer : 23
8. Name any two models of SDLC (Software Design Life Cycle) ?
a) Water Fall Mode
b) Spiral Model
c) a and b
d) none of these
Answer : Water Fall Model and Spiral Model.
9. Find X when X – Y = 3 and X2 + Y2 = 89 where X and Y are integers.
Answer : -5
10. Find the value of P when the line through the points (2,2) and (5,7)
is perpendicular to the line 3x+Py-9=0.
Answer : 5
11. Find the missing number in 25, 38, _, 64, -27, 90
Answer : -1
12. What is the sum of the irrational roots of the equation (x-1)(x-3)
Answer : 8
13. There is an element which triplicates in every hour. Each of these 3
items inturn reproduce exactly 3 other items. If a single compund is kept
in a container at noon and the container is full by midnight. After how
many hours is the container 1/3 full?
Answer : 11:00pm
14. A person goes to a bank and Quotes x Rs and y paise on a cheque.
The cashier misreads it and gives y Rs and x paise. The man comes out
and donates 5 paise to a begger. Now, the man has exactly double the
amount he has quoted on the cheque.
a) 35 Rs. and 65 paise.
b) 32 Rs. and 63 paise.
c) 30 Rs. and 65 paise.
d) 31 Rs. and 63 paise.
Answer : 31 Rs and 63 paise.
15. If dy = [(secx – y) / tanx)]dx, then the curve is:
a) y = x(sinx)
b) y = x(cosx)
c) y = x(secx)
d) y = x(cosecx)
Answer : y = x(cosecx)
16. A can do a piece of work in 100 days, B and C together can do the
same work in 20 days. If B can do the work in same time as that of C
and A together then how long C alone can do the same work?
a) 100 days
d) 20 days
Answer : 50 days
17. If PREVENTION is coded as DWDSOOSJNO then how will
CONTENTION will be coded ?
Answer : DUMPBOSJNO
18. Unnikrishnan is a famous singer from South India. One should never
miss to hear his mellifluous melodies. Question : Pick an
appropriate synonym for mellifluous.
19. All of the students at a college are majoring in psychology, business,
or both. 73% of the students are psychology majors, & 62% are
business majors. If there are 200 students, how many of them are
majoring in both psychology & business?
Answer : 70
18. Grass in lawn grows equally thickand in a uniform rate. It akes 24
days for 70 cows and 60 for 30 cows . How many cows can eat away
the same in 96 days?
Answer : 18
19. There is a certain four digit number whose fourth digit is twise the
first digit.Third digit is three more than second digit.Sum of the first and
fourth digits twise the third number.What was that number ?
c) a and b
d) None of these
Answer : 2034 and 4368
20. A theif steals half the total no of loaves of bread plus 1/2 loaf from a
backery. A second theif steals half the remaing no of loaves plus 1/2
loaf and so on. After the 5th theif has stolen there are no more loaves
left in the backery. What was the total no of loaves did the backery have
at the biggining?
Answer : 31
21. A person needs 6 steps to cover a distance of one slab. if he
increases his foot length(step length) by 3 inches he needs only 5 steps
to cover the slabs length. what is the length of the each slab?
a) 31 inches
b) 24 inches
c) 26 inches
d) 43 inches
Answer : 31 inches
22. A lorry starts from Banglore to Mysore at 6.00 A.M,7.00am.8.00
am…..10 pm. Similarly one another starts from Mysore to Banglore at
6.00 am,7.00 am, 8.00 am…..10.00pm. A lorry takes 9 hours to travel
from Banglore to Mysore and vice versa.
(i) A lorry which has started at 6.00 am will cross how many lorries.
(ii) A lorry which had started at 6.00pm will cross how many lorries.
a) 12 lorries and 14 lorries
b) 10 lorries and 14 lorries
c) 14 lorries and 10 lorries
d) 14 lorries and 12 lorries
Answer : 10 lorries and 14 lorries
23. A garrison of 3300 men has provisions for 32 days, when given at a
rate of 850 grams per head. At the end of 7 days a reinforcement arrives
and it was found that now the provisions will last 8 days less, when given
at the rate of 825 grams per head.How, many more men can it feed?
a) 1700 men
b) 1800 men
c) 2000 men
d) 2500 men
Answer : 1700 men
24. From 5 different green balls, four different blue balls and three
different red balls, how many combinations of balls can be chosen taking
at least one green and one blue ball?
Answer : 3720
25. Three pipes, A, B, and C are attached to a tank. A and B can fill it in
20 and 30 minutes respectively while C can empty it in 15 minutes.If A,
B & C are kept open successively for 1 minute each, how soon will the
tank be filled?
a) 167 minutes
b) 177 minutes
c) 188 minutes
d) 196 minutes
Answer : 167 minutes
26. A person walking 5/6 of his usual rate is 40 minutes late. What is his
a) 6 hours 20 minutes
b) 4 hours 40 minutes.
c) 3 hours 30 minutes.
d) 3 hours 20 minutes.
Answer : 3 hours 20 minutes.
27. The minute hand of a clock overtakes the hour hand at intervals of
64 minutes of correct time. How much a day does the clock gain or
a) 36 8/11 minutes
b) 32 11/8 minutes
c) 32 8/11 minutes
d) 30 8/11 minutes
Answer : 32 8/11 minutes
28. Solve for x and y: 1/x – 1/y = 1/3, 1/x2 + 1/y2 = 5/9.
a) x = 3/2 or -3 and y = 3 or -3/2.
b) x = 2/3 or -3 and y = 2 or -3/2.
c) x = 4/2 or -3 and y = 2 or -3/2.
d) x = 3/2 or -3 and y = 3 or -2/3.
Answer : x = 3/2 or -3 and y = 3 or -3/2.
29. Daal is now being sold at Rs. 20 a kg. During last month its rate was
Rs. 16 per kg. By how much percent should a family reduce
its consumption so as to keep the expenditure fixed?
a) 30 %.
b) 25 %.
c) 35 %.
d) 40 %.
Answer : 20 %.
30. Find the least value of 3x + 4y if x2y3 = 6.
Answer : 10
31. What is an appropriate synonym for Bifid ?
b) Divided in two
Answer : Divided
32. Find the antonym for gaurish .
Answer : Cheap
33. Choose an appropriate antonym for the word deliberate.
Answer : Unintended
34. Which of the following is an appropriate synonym for the word
Answer : Demoralize
35. Find the sum of the first 14 terms for a sequence starting with 2,
ending with 120 and common difference 2.
Answer : 854
36. Find the 10th element in the series 5,15,35,45…..
d) Cannot be determined
Answer : Cannot be determined
37. Find the difference between last and last but one term in the
Sequence 1, 9, 17, 25 which has 40 terms in total…
Answer : 8
38. Find the 7th term in the series 4,8,16
Answer : 256
39. Find the odd man out
Reason: The second sequence 2,4,8,16 is in geometric progression and
not in arithmetic progression.Hence the answer is 2,4,6,8
40. Find the sum of the first 5 terms in 3,9,27
Answer : 363
Reason: Sum to n no of terms in a geometric progression is Sn = a(1 –
rn)/(1-r) . Applyting a = 3, n = 5 and r = 3 we get S5 = 3(1 – 3 5)/(1 –
3) = 363. Hence the correct answer is 363.
41. Find the odd man out
Answer : 1,1/2,1/4
Reason: All the four sequences are in geometric progression.However
the last series 1,1//2,1/4 is an infinite series. This is because the
common ratio for this series, which is 1/2 is lesser than 1.Hence the
correct answer is 1,1//2,1/4