4. Manoj can do a work in 20 days, while Chandu can do the same work in 25 days.
They started the work jointly. A few days later Suresh also joined them and thus all of
them completed the whole work in 10 days. All of them were paid total Rs.1000. What
is the share of Suresh?
5. Nagarjuna lends Rs 30,000 of two of his friends. He gives Rs 15,000 to the first at
6% p.a. simple interest. He wants to make a profit of 10% on the whole. The simple
interest rate at which he should lend the remaining sum of money to the second friend
6. A portion of $6600 is invested at a 5% annual return, while the remainder is invested
at a 3% annual return. If the annual income from the portion earning a 5% return is
twice that of the other portion, what is the total income from the two investments after
9. A Boat takes total 16 hours for traveling downstream from point A to point B and
coming back point C which is somewhere between A and B. If the speed of the Boat in
Still water is 9 Km/hr and the rate of stream is 6 Km/hr, then what is the distance
between A and C?
A. 60 Km
B. 90 Km
C. 30 Km
D. Cannot be determined
10. A Boat going upstream takes 8 hours 24 minutes to cover a certain distance, while
it takes 5 hours to cover 5/7 of the same distance running downstream. Then what is
the ratio of the speed of boat to speed of water current?